- This event has passed.
NCCE Disaster Relief Chamber Check-In
March 21 @ 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm CDT
Dial In: 1-844-700-2013
Conference code: 9241574963
In the meantime;
* Money donations can be made to the Nebraska/SW Iowa Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. Water donations can be made through local media for distribution.
* Residents who need help with home cleanup, cutting trees, removing drywall, insulation, flooring, furniture and appliances or other physical labor-type jobs, can call the Crisis Clean Up Hotline at (833) 566-2476 to get on a needs list. Nebraska Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) is coordinating volunteers from across the country to assist with cleanup. For more information, go to https://bit.ly/2UMNtRy.
* For those with other needs, such as food, shelter, clothing and personal goods, call 211
* For veterans affected by recent flooding in Nebraska, the Nebraska Veterans Aid (NVA) may be able to assist with food, clothing, and emergency housing (i.e. hotel accommodations). Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis to determine the amount of assistance a veteran and/or their eligible dependents would be able to receive. Additional information on the program is available here: https://veterans.nebraska.gov/nva. Veterans should apply for NVA through their County Veteran Service Officer
* The Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA) has put together a list of disaster relief resources for Nebraska farmers and ranchers seeking assistance due to severe weather. This list includes information about NDA’s Hay and Forage Hotline and programs from the Farm Service Agency. For information go to: www.nda.nebraska.gov/resources.
* Information on road closures can be found on the Nebraska 511 map at https://www.511.nebraska.gov. Nebraska 511 provides the most up-to-date travel conditions. Nebraska 511 can be accessed through the 511 smartphone app or by dialing 511
Also, the Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation has set up a relief fund focused on rural communities and farm and ranch households. https://nefbfoundation.org/ways-to-give/disaster-relief-fund.
Nebraska Chamber of Commerce & Industry
1320 Lincoln Mall, Suite 201
P.O. Box 95128
Lincoln, NE 68508
[State Chamber logo for signature 2]